PVM Smart Learning and Smart Global are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal information.
- We will be transparent about the information we are collecting and what we do with it.
- If you tell us you don’t want to receive any marketing messages we will stop sending them immediately.
We will, of course, continue to send important information relating to
any service you have purchased with us.
- We will put in place measures to keep your information safe and secure.
- We will respect your data protection rights and aim to give you control over your own information.
Who are we?
PVM Smart Learning is wholly operated by it's owner Smart Global, this includes the delivery of it's courses and the operation of the website and booking system.
Smart Global is a company that has its headquarters in the UK.
What do we mean by personal information?
Personal information defines details which identify you or could be used to identify you, such as your name and contact details, assessment and order history. It may also include information about how you use our websites and mobile applications.
How do we collect personal information?
We may obtain personal information from you through our websites, mobile applications, during formal or informal meetings in person, when you call us on the phone, or communicate with us via email, instant message, or other electronic means such as social or digital media.
What personal information do we collect?
We will need to ask you for certain personal information to give you the best possible experience when you engage with us (via our websites and apps or otherwise) and when you use our products and services.
We will also collect other information about you and the devices you use to access our website, or we may ask third parties to do this for us, in these cases we do so by using technologies such as cookies. See also our Cookies policy.
The information we collect will vary per service but may include:
- Contact information – Name, Email, Phone, Address
- Career Experience – Work experience history, Education, CV
- Security Information – a special piece of information you provide may provide us to help authenticate you in the case of losing ability to gain access to our services
- Device – we collect certain data automatically when you visit our websites or use our web services. This may include (but is not limited to) some or all of the following: how you are connecting to the internet (including IP address),
how you engage with our sites and services, your screen size, Cookies
(see also our Cookies Policy) and approximate global location
(base on your IP address).
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information for the following reasons:
- to enable you to access and use our services;
- to personalise and improve aspects of our services;
to communicate with you, including some or all the following:
- Sending you information about products, services and events we think may be of interest to you –
if you asked us to, we may contact you via post, phone, email, instant message, or other electronic
means such as social or digital media.
- Sending you notifications about the status of a product, service, or event such as server maintenance
notifications that would lead to a disruption of service
- Sending you confirmation emails about orders, registrations, form submissions.
- Sending you information about a product, service, event which you have purchased,
- Notifying you as part of the product or service you are being provided.
How do we process your personal information?
We will only collect and use your personal information in accordance with data protection laws. Our grounds for processing your personal information are as follows:
- Necessary for performance of a contract with you or to comply with the law - in most cases, the information described above will be provided to us by you because you want to take services from us or engage with us and our use of your information will be governed by defined contract terms. Giving this information to us is therefore your choice. If you choose not to give all or some of it to us, this may affect our ability to provide the services you require.
- Consent – where necessary we will only collect and process your personal information if you have given your consent for us to do so, for example, we will only send you certain marketing emails and process any sensitive information about you if we have your consent.
Legitimate Interests – we may use and process some of your personal information where we have sensible and legitimate business grounds for doing so. Under European privacy laws there is a concept of “legitimate interests” as a justification for processing your personal information. Our legitimate interests are:
- to enable you to access and use our Services by: processing orders, registrations, and any form submissions. Using your information in this way is an essential part of us being able to provide Services to you;
- to communicate with you about a Service. Sometimes we need to keep you informed about your use of our Services, for example sending you confirmation emails of your order. This won’t include marketing communications unless you have given us your consent to receive these; and
- to improve our Services. We may use your personal information to personalise aspects of our service to you; for market research; and server performance optimisations.
Who do we share your personal information with?
In general, Smart Global will not share your personal data. However, for certain services we provide we may disclose your personal information to the following parties:
- Our partners – some services may require the use of third party contractors.
- Your Employer – when engaged by your employer to provide an assessment report of your competencies we may share such assessments with said company. In all cases we will obtain your consent to do this at the start of the process i.e. during your initial registration or booking.
What cookies do we use?
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer or device. Cookies help us to:
- Understand browsing habits on our sites;
- Understand the number of visitors to our sites and pages visited; and
- Remember you when you return to our sites so we can save any preferences you may have.
For more information on the cookies we use, please see our Cookies policy.
Your personal data rights and how to contact us
Under the GDPR you have certain rights, they are:
- Right to access: the right to request copies of your personal information from us;
- Right to rectification: the right to have your personal information revised if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information from our systems;
- Right to restrict processing: the right to ‘block’ us from using your personal information or limit the way in which we can use it;
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information;
- Right to object: the right to oppose our use of your personal information including where we use it for our legitimate interests
If you are not satisfied with the way any complaint you make in relation to your personal information is handled by us then you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection regulator which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How long to we keep your personal information?