This exclusive event allows you to experience first-hand the role of an Oil Trader. Experience the highs and lows of real-time trading. Interpret live news alerts and learn why and how major global commodity markets move by using a fully interactive realistic simulation. Before the simulation begins, an experienced trader will provide an overview of essential market terms and how to analyse the fundamentals of the oil market.
Lecture will start at 9am UK time.
Simulation will begin at 10am UK time.
This is an "online live" course, meaning any lectures will be conducted live over the internet using web conferencing software.
This course will also use our web-based trading simulator, where you will get the chance to put into practice the concepts discussed within the lecture.
To participate in this coures you will need a computer with internet access and any modern HTML5 compatible web browser. Instructions on how to connect will be sent prior to the start of the course.
Who should attend this course
You should not miss this event if:
- You are looking to pursue a career in the commodity or energy space
- You want to increase your practical understanding of the trading markets and strengthen your CV
- You already work in a field related to trading such as: HR, IT, Risk, Legal, Compliance or Finance
What you will learn
Using our live simulation modules you will trade your own positions and learn how to:
- Formulate market views from live news
- Develop oil trading strategies
- Implement strategies using the futures market
- Monitor and manage your trades in a real-time market
Throughout the course each delegate’s learning is reinforced by utilising one of our specially developed computer based simulators.
Our unique world class simulated trading and operations environments allow both individuals and teams to practically apply the knowledge gained from each lecture instantly.
All the simulations are based on realistic market scenarios and updated continuously.
Trader Experience Live Online
An introduction to oil trading principles and an overview of the terminology used.
1 hour flat price crude derivative trading simulation.